Holly Phillips, blogger and designer extraordinaire, announced that she had been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blog Awards (SOWBA) by Sarah Sarna a few days ago. Holly shared her list of 10 nominees of which I am one. Thank you to my travelling/design partner in crime!
A Sisterhood of the World Blog nomination means I now answer Holly’s 10 questions, select 10 new bloggers, and then ask them my own 10 questions. I love interviewing design talents for my Creative Minds series and this is a great way to ask some of my blogger pals the same questions!
1. What is your perfect paint color?
Benjamin Moore Fruit Shake- a perfect pink with a touch of coral like the inside of a conch shell. It complements all complexions and it is a great background for art. It also pairs well with just about every finish from black lacquer to gilt to antique mirror.
Jacques Grange– A complete original and the ultimate design icon.
4. What is your dream trip?
Surfing Safari around the world
5. Best meal of your life?
For me the setting and company are just as important as the food to make a meal extraordinary. My fondest dining experience was at Le Gaiac at Le Toiny in St. Barths celebrating our fifth anniversary. We were supposed to be there for our honeymoon and a hurricane hit so we ended up in Bermuda. Going back for an anniversary made the milestone ( and the delayed gratification) that much more special!
6. Pick an all time favorite movie and an all time favorite book that you think we should all watch and read?
Movie- The glamourous side of Interior Design featuring the best interiors and wardrobe that rarely exist anymore!
Book-Who wouldn’t want a palace on the Grand Canal and canoodle with all the greatest artists of the 20th century?!?
7. Best gift you have ever received?
For my baby shower, my college girlfriends each wrote a note to my future daughter wishing her well and relaying their craziest memories of her future mama. I am waiting until her rebellious teenage (or college) years to reveal these embarrassing stories!
8. Favorite wallpaper?
The exquisite handmade papers by Fromental make me weak in the knees! I adore all of their chinoiserie and 20th century designs. Here Paradiso in Fern shows how a classic chinoiserie pattern can feel contemporary with a bold color palette.
9. If you could rewind twenty years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
10. Chicest Hotel that you have visited or seen?
Nestled in a courtyard off Place des Vosges in Le Marais, Le Pavillion de la Reine feels like your own pied a terre in Paris. Inaugurated in 1612 under the name of Place Royale, the Place des Vosges was built on Henri IV’s initiative who died before the works were even completed. Once the Place was ready, Le Marais soon became the Mecca of high Society gatherings with the likes of Mme de Sévigné, Racine, La Fontaine and Molière. The hotel, slightly set back from the famous Place, was coined its name in honour of Anne of Austria who once stayed in the wing standing between the hotel and the Place des Vosges.
11. Piece of art that you most covet?
ANYTHING by Helen Frankenthaler…especially this work from the Fort Worth Modern
I nominate the following lovely ladies…
Marisa Marcontonio of Stylebeat
Jennifer Boles of The Peak of Chic
Jeanne Chung of Cozy, Stylish, Chic
Michelle Workman of Furnishing a Fabulous Life
Jennifer Mehitidash of Dec-a-Porter
Sara Eilers of Lucas Eilers
And now for MY questions….
1. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
2. What is your idea of bliss?
3. What was your latest creative breakthrough?
4. What would be your dream vacation?
5. What is your secret vice?
6. What is your favorite design trick?
7. What would people be most surprised to learn about you?
8. What is at the top of your bucket list?
9. If you could own any work of art in the world, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite interior of all time?
Have fun ladies!