HIGHLIGHTS FROM HIGH POINT
Here are a few favorites from High Point’s Fall Furniture Market. Any of these can add some much needed flair to any interior…
|Gossip Chair by Oomph|
1. Oomph was one of our favorite lines at High Point. Along with the Gossip Chair above, all of their tables, mirrors, and lanterns in lacquered finishes would give any room an extra punch of personality.
|Wallpapers by Jonathan Adler|
2. Anything by Jonathan Adler puts a smile on my face. His new line of wallpapers does not disappoint. You gotta love a designer that has his own Manifesto including such truisms like “We believe that when it comes to decorating, the wife is ALWAYS right, unless the husband is gay.” and “We believe in Palm Beach Style: Louis chairs, Chinoiserie, Lilly Pulitzer, The Breakers circa ’72.”
|Cocktail Table by Chelsea Editions Furniture|
3.Chelsea Textiles has always been known for their embroidered fabrics and needlework pillows. Now they have introduced a Mid Century Modern Furniture line that includes side tables, desks, chairs and cocktail tables like the one pictured above. The colors range from teal to raspberry and everything in between.
|Zig Zag Side Table by Festoni|
4. We discovered Festoni for the first time a couple of years ago in High Point. Since then, their booth is always a must see every time we visit. Their linen wrapped and lacquered pieces come in a range of colors from chocolate to poppy. They have cocktail, bedside and game tables along with chests and consoles.
|Color Palette for Lilly Pulitzer for HFI Brands|
5. Speaking of Lilly Pulitzer, HFI Brands launched her eponymous furniture line this summer. The palette of colors is above and the pieces themselves are stunning. Even though the pieces have a retro flair about them, they would work in almost any interior with the appropriate finish and fabric.
|Wing chair by Lilly Pulitzer for HFI Brands|
|Scroll Cocktail Table by Lilly Pulitzer for HFI Brands|
|Mirrored Console by Bungalow 5|
6. Bungalow 5 ‘s booth gets “Best in Show” for styling. All of their pieces looked fabulous against the cerulean blue walls. Their new mirrored furniture line included Asian inspired consoles and vanities.
|Diego Bed by Oly Studio|
7. Oly Studio was another beautifully styled showroom. After looking at booth after booth of merchandise crammed into small spaces, it was heavenly to walk into their ethereal showroom. The murals on their walls should be featured in one of their upcoming ads. They set a beautiful backdrop for their furniture. This bed above caught my eye. It can come in a gilt, silver or bronze finish and reminded me of a Giacometti sculpture.
|Duffy Table by Made Goods|
8. Madegoods has always been a favorite resource for mirrors and accessories. This ceramic side table called “Duffy” reminded me of the Pierre Cardin furniture from the 1970s.
|Turot prints from Natural Curiosities|
9. One of my favorite designers from LA introduced me to Natural Curiosities last year. I adore all of their Specimen, Graphic and Abstract Art. For this collection, they took one of their Turot Geometric pieces(which used to be a Swiss educational aid) and added color to the diagonals. These were introduced at market this Fall.
|Etagere from BeeLine Home|
10. This etagere was created by one my all time favorite designers and inspired by another. Bunny Williams of added this etagere her collection at BeeLine Home this year. It was inspired by a piece that Albert Hadley has in his New York apartment. Hadley’s bookcase was built in 1936 to commemorate the Olympics being held in Berlin.